Friday, February 26, 2010

To Every Negative There is a Positive...


Because to every negative there is a positive here’s one thing I am grateful for today. It is snowing, no there’s a blizzard out there day. We are three feet under in snow. In reality I don’t care for snow… but it’s not really the snow I don’t like as much as the cold and mess is leaves behind. I began to take pictures yesterday as it was coming down with a vengeance. I felt a sudden urge to pull out my camera and start shooting pictures. I went out in my sweats and slippers yesterday and last night. I was shooting pictures and suddenly paid real attention to the snow. The snow was so quiet, gentle and peaceful. It was such a serene atmosphere. For that moment I loved the snow…. it brings on such a sense of peace. I just wanted to sit out there and enjoy the snow…

That’s how it is with life also. We focus on the negative on what we don’t like about our adverse circumstances and forget to look at the one or two positive things in that adversity. The one thing that is actually good and positive about that same situation. Yes, in that horrible and/or negative situation. For instance 2.5 years ago I lost my job. I really did not enjoy my job or my work. I specified that because sometimes you enjoy your work you just dislike the environment in which it’s in, I disliked them both. I suddenly lost the job. That was devastating for a little while, but I suddenly started looking at my new environment. Free from stress, free from an unreasonable disrespectful supervisor, free from doing the very work I disliked. I began to encourage myself! Saying WOW, although this is a new experience I am away from that oppressive environment. I began looking at all of the options I now had. All the things I could now do that I couldn’t do before. And before you knew it I had a new focus! I was not happy about what happened to me but, I certainly had a much better outlook in life and excitement about my new ventures. Be excited with your new possibilities…. Become thrilled with the 'snow, and enjoy what it is offering you at the moment. Don’t focus on the negative and you will quickly begin to enjoy it and become creative.

0 comments: