Saturday, February 27, 2010

Grace

Today I was thinking of God’s grace. There are so many times that I fail him and just when I get up from talking to Him and repenting from something he has revealed to me, I do something else. For many years I sat in church week after week feeling that I was less than. I continually felt that I fell so short that redemption was beyond my grasp. Not to mention all of those self righteous pompous individuals that were all too willing to constantly point out your flaws. For years I lived in this perpetual condemnation.


Just as of late I am really understanding what Romans 8:1 meant when it says “there is therefore, no condemnation to those who are in Jesus Christ”. It means there is therefore “no condemnation”! Grace! It’s not just a word in the bible it’s a noun an action word. Definition for grace God's unmerited favor. He gives me favor and grace not because I earn or deserve it but because He loves me. So all of those years of feeling I wasn’t doing enough, that what I was doing was short of perfect, that I needed to try harder, pray harder, read the word more, was all wrong.

We read the word and we pray because we do not merit his grace yet He chooses to give it anyway. This makes me love him so much more, and it makes me want to please him. Mine is not a religion…nope it’s a relationship. I want to talk to Him and I want Him to talk to me through His word, in a clear directive voice. Our relationship is personal and it’s awesome because having Him to talk to 24-/7 365 and guide me through life’s tough times is more than I could ever ask for. And that’s my thought for today…..

0 comments: