Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's All About Relationship


Its midnight and I suddenly had the urge to write. I don’t want to write about anything incredibly creative I just wanted to chat. Chat with whoever is listening… Today I had one of “those days”. I was sort of burnt out from a long tedious week. I spent the week helping people and spreading myself kinda thin. By today I was drained and had very little energy for me. So I made a decision. I decided that I was going to spend all of this coming week on ME!
And here is my plan. I will do some work the rest of the time will be spent on what I want to do. I will work out everyday, spend time with God, reading and meditating. Just the thought of it relaxes me. I love sitting down and writing letters to God. I do this daily spend time in prayer meditation then I write. I did not have much of a chance to do that this week and I miss it! I really miss it. It’s like writing to a significant other… you want to communicate…constantly, daily at least.
It’s a good thing he loves me in spite of it all. Sometimes I rant, sometimes complain, but most often I thank Him for his goodness and his faithfulness to me. With me it’s not about religion, actually I hate religion. Who can keep up with all of the judgmental rules anyway? I love the relationship I have with God. He wears so many hats in our relationship, when I need a Dad he is my Father, when I need a buddy he is my Friend, when I need a knight in shining armor he is my Lord, when I need a deliverer he is my God. He is my “I am” whatever I need whenever I need he is there to fit the shoes of whatever role I need him to play… that’s what’s amazing about having a relationship with Him. I don’t know of anyone else that can do this. What a relief to have a listening ear 24-7 – 365. It really does not get better than that! I think that is why I love Him so much.

0 comments: