Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Word Of Encouragement


I was writing an article today for my business website about the economy and how is has effected careers. It really is amazing how years ago people would go to school and were ensured a job with a pension. Now days this has all drastically changed. After 7.5 in my job and a substantial promotion I could not understand how I was suddenly terminated. Like, how does this happen? But it brought me to the reality, that nothing is a guarantee.
Life has a lot of changes, some up (and those days are short lived) and some down (and those appear to be eternal). Neither is correct but the bible states in Ecclesiastic to everything there is a season. I suppose we all have to experience it all. For me I must admit in the beginning I was positive and hopeful and as time went on and things were coming apart at the seams I was tempted to do lose my faith. I had my days that I thought I would not ever get out from under. But I’d get a grip and get into my word and like a stream on a brook I would get my faith back.
As I’ve said before I love journaling. I write letters to God and in those letters I express all my confusion, pain and frustration. As I write I can hear God’s voice asking me to either turn to a bible passage or scripture, or a song of encouragement. These are the things I relish about my time with him. I hear a lot of people say that God does not speak. Oh, but he does! It is not a loud abrupt voice, it is a firm but kind voice. And he speaks exactly to your need or situation.
If you are reading this and you are having a bad day or a bad season. Be of good cheer you are not alone. And this will not last an eternity. There is hope for a better day. To everything there is a season. If you want to check out because it’s the winter cold, bitter, rainy and snowy season of your life how sad would it be that you will not enjoy the joy of the spring. I find that you enjoy your good seasons so much more when you have had a really bad season. It all temporal! It will soon be over and I will rejoice along with you because I too am in the midst of my winter. Yet, I see the sunlight of my spring and I metaphorically hear the birds chirping and I know that this season is almost over! You need to keep your faith! And although I acknowledge it is not always easy, it is necessary for surviving the winters of your life! Be encouraged today!

Be Blessed,

Nilda

0 comments: