Monday, March 15, 2010

What's Your Name Worth?


Today I wrote an article for my business blog. I focused on integrity in business. Integrity and uprightness is becoming a thing of the past. People no longer believe that this is paramount in their daily interactions. We must have high ethical standards in all we say and do. A person who has honor will always be respected and will succeed. This may mean in many instances that you will have to take the long road or you will not do things that your co-workers are doing because of its lack of integrity.

Oftentimes your forthrightness, honesty, honorableness, incorruptibility, principle, and sincerity may not be fashionable. It may make you feel like you look foolish or that you are doing more or taking the long road in doing the right thing but for this God will reward you. How often have I helped someone and gone the extra mile. And when I have been asked to speak a lie against a peer I have refused. My lips will not speak wickedness, and my tongue will utter no deceit ~ Job 27:4. I have learned to live by this scripture and it has NOT gained me fame with friends, co-workers and supervisors. But you cannot look for people to reward you but God is the one who is looking at your honorability and He will reward you openly.

The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out ~ Proverbs 10:9. Knowing this makes it all worthwhile when you are not getting the pats on the back and accolades from others.

0 comments: