Thursday, April 1, 2010

God's Promise II


In these times of economic struggles it’s good to know that we have a God who cares. This is one of his promises that he will care for us. God promised that he would supply all of our needs. "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19. Here God has made a commitment to take care of us and give us all that we need. God is faithful to his word and he keeps his promises to us.

Tough times come to everyone. Your struggle may not be economic but I can assure you there comes a time when we all have something we battle with. At some point we all will have a need. Comprehending who your source is and running to God your source relieves a lot of anxiety. Our need may be food, clothing, shelter, healing, companionship, love and salvation through Jesus Christ. Imagine God has charged himself with the responsibility of meeting all of your needs. This is such a comfort when you’re having a tough time.

Understand that the wealth of this world belongs to God and he owns all the resources to meet all of your needs. He will find the way to get our needs met, it may be through a family member a friend, a job or any other way he may chose. Receive the gift openly. He cares about all of your struggles, your circumstances and your needs.

When I lost my job almost three years ago this is the one promise that I hung on to. I needed to know that I was not alone through this process and that the uncertain future was just uncertain to me. I took this promise and embraced it with all my heart. When I was afraid and anxious I would repeat to God this promise he made me. And just as he said he was always faithful to meet every need. He met each and every need each and every time.

It is crucial that we comprehend his love for each one of us as individuals. This assurance will help understand that all of our needs will undoubtedly be met and our fears minimized. Stand on the promise that He alone will supply any and all of your needs and repeat to him his word. Tel him Lord you said: "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus". Philippians 4:19. Then believe it and it will be so!!

0 comments: