Friday, April 2, 2010

God's Promise III


Yesterday was ‘one of those days’ everything was going wrong. I was getting bad news at every turn. I suddenly became anxious and fearful. In the past what I would do is run to a friend or family to get answers, all I ever got were opinions. Alas, I learned my lesson and I ran to God. I got into my word for the answers. And God was so faithful he spoke clearly and precisely.

It doesn’t matter what we’re going through He understands and he wants to hear us out. Things will happen it does to everyone and that is inevitable. But here is his promise “His grace is sufficient for us” II Corinthians 12:9. For years I could not understand this. I did not want grace to be sufficient I wanted to be bail out of my bad or uncomfortable situation. Even the problems that I had clearly gotten myself into I wanted God to rescue me. But these last three years I have learned that if in the midst of your long suffering you hang on to his grace you can be in perfect peace knowing you are NOT going through this alone.

What is this “grace” that he has promised? Grace is “unmerited favor” which is received through faith that is essential to being in an eternal relationship with God. Romans 5:2 “through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God”. In the midst of the most horrific of circumstances it is important to trust that God is handling your situation. Believe that you are not alone, and reach out to him. No matter what it is that you’re going through know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this will work out for good. Not that it is currently a good situation but that this will be intertwined into a good outcome and through it all “his grace is sufficient” to bring you through it.

0 comments: