Saturday, March 6, 2010

Harmony and Love

Today was a busy but awesome day. I did some chores in the morning then early afternoon I went to my sister’s to celebrate my niece’s 7th birthday. We enjoyed all the festivities. But on my way home I reflected on how blessed I am. Do you know I actually love and enjoy my family? I would have chosen each one of them had I had that option. Each sister, cousin, aunt and uncle, parents would have been my exact choice. When we are together we are completely in sync.

Our sense of humor our conversation what we enjoy is all in accord. Like how does that happen? Our family truly has a special bond. We are close, we may not see each other every week oftentimes, not even every month, but when we are together it is as if there is no lapse in time. We are best friends, have great times, plenty of laughter, a lots of love.


Several years ago we had a huge family reunion. My sisters and I did most of the preparation of the reunion and in the process we prepared a booklet with a lot of details about the family. We had a genealogy with a detailed family tree, pictures of the great grand’s; it was loaded with hefty amounts of history. But in this information I also added this thought… my great great grandmother left a generational blessing on her family…much like a pebble that is thrown in a lake that has a ripple effect for miles ahead. My great great grandmother left the lineage of love for her children and grand children, harmony between her children and grand children, and her greatest inheritance - her relationship with her God. This ripple effect has gone from generation to generation. This is witness in our family gatherings big or small. Lots of love, very harmonious, lots of laughter and a strong sense of the God that has bound us together.

0 comments: